2018 Spring/Summer CallBacks
CALLBACK (GROUP ONE): Sunday, March 18th (10:00 - 12:00pm)
CALLBACK (GROUP TWO): Sunday, March 18th (6:00 - 8:00pm)
THE ECT CALLBACK FOCUSES ON THREE SECTIONS:
ECT Membership Discussion + Q&A
*After reading through our website, please come prepared to discuss company goals and expectations to set our season up for success!
*prepare TWO of the requested scenes below (1-assigned + 1-your choice) and be ready to rehearse!
ECT Rehearsal Expectations:
(1) Arrive filled with SPECIFIC, PERSONAL character ingredients
(2) WARM-UP your instrument to be reactive, free and fearless
(3) Risk in the moment by POUNCING ON YOUR INSTINCTS
(4) Remain HUMBLE and HUNGRY as the work is shaped by the director
*The Etude represents one of ECT's most powerful rehearsal and collaborative tools*
Using the following 5 ingredients, come prepared to fill our space with your deepest, rawest, poetic truth - all in under 5 minutes:
- TEXT from your favorite passage of any fairytale
- SINGING any part of any song from any fairytale
- Expression through DANCE/MOVEMENT
- ONE OBJECT and only one object should be used throughout
The key to succeeding in this section is to break free of performance and FEARLESSLY fill the space with your rawest, truest knowing of that fairytale passage. Every person in the room should FEEL and EXPERIENCE what you bring alive through use of the above ingredients. Prepare to immerse vs. impress us with this creative opportunity. An Etude is not an answer, but rather an exploration and represents the ECT rehearsal perspective of preparing as much as possible, and then letting it go by fearlessly surrendering to the moment ... riding the wave of whatever reveals itself.